HAPPY VALENTINES TOMORROW!! I HAVE A SUPER SOPHISTICATED POST TO CELEBRATE. HERE IT IS. GET HYPED.
Soooooo in celebration I made a couple treats and I wanted to share them with you!! So the first thing I made was cream cheese mints! These are more popular around Christmas, but I wanted to put a pink spin on em’. The recipe came from tatertotsandjello.com but i divided it by two, just cause I didn’t want too many mints.
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of the regular box) (softened)
- 1 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I used peppermint oil, so I only needed 1/8 teaspoon.)
- about 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar (ish)
- food coloring (if you wanna)
Then you’ll need
- a larger mixing bowl
- a hand mixer
- a sheet pan for them to set
- frosting tips (bags, I just used Ziploc bags)
- a scooping utensil
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together til smooth.
- Add in Peppermint Flavoring, mix.
- Add in the powdered sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time. Add until the mixture is smooth and can hold its shape.
- Add dye and mix well! I split mine into 3 different bowls and did 3 different colors! I ended up with a soft pink, a berry pink, and white!
- Put into bags and pipe onto your pan. I did mine in the shapes of hearts, some were bigger than others haha. Also, if you are gonna use Ziploc bags, DO NOT USE THE REGULAR SANDWICH BAGS. I PROMISE YOU THEY WILL BREAK. USE THE QUART BAGS THAT ARE STRONGER!!
- Refrigerate til firm!! (Mine took like 5 hours)
- Eat and share!!
Now!! The second treat was sooo fun and soo simple to make!! And all of my own creation. *high-five*
- pineapple juice
- fruit punch
- carbonated drink like sprite (I used that strawberry one)
- half and half
- whipped cream (if you’re a party person)
Excuse the handwriting lololol. This is the map of the cup.
- Fill it up just a little with ice
- Then pour pineapple juice to the top of the ice
- Add fruit punch til it is half way full
- Add the carbonated drink til there is only a little bit of room left
- Top it off with half and half.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles and cute straws if your heart so desires.
Both these treats turned out soo yummy and were so cute! Definitely got me in the v-day mood!! And can I get another high-five for a real fancy blog post?!?! And if my friends are reading this, come eat some of my mints. I’d love to share the love with ya!!!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!