HAPPY VALENTINES TOMORROW!! I HAVE A SUPER SOPHISTICATED POST TO CELEBRATE. HERE IT IS. GET HYPED.
Soooooo in celebration I made a couple treats and I wanted to share them with you!! So the first thing I made was cream cheese mints! These are more popular around Christmas, but I wanted to put a pink spin on em’. The recipe came from tatertotsandjello.com but i divided it by two, just cause I didn’t want too many mints.
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of the regular box) (softened)
- 1 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I used peppermint oil, so I only needed 1/8 teaspoon.)
- about 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar (ish)
- food coloring (if you wanna)
Then you’ll need
- a larger mixing bowl
- a hand mixer
- a sheet pan for them to set
- frosting tips (bags, I just used Ziploc bags)
- a scooping utensil
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together til smooth.
- Add in Peppermint Flavoring, mix.
- Add in the powdered sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time. Add until the mixture is smooth and can hold its shape.
- Add dye and mix well! I split mine into 3 different bowls and did 3 different colors! I ended up with a soft pink, a berry pink, and white!
- Put into bags and pipe onto your pan. I did mine in the shapes of hearts, some were bigger than others haha. Also, if you are gonna use Ziploc bags, DO NOT USE THE REGULAR SANDWICH BAGS. I PROMISE YOU THEY WILL BREAK. USE THE QUART BAGS THAT ARE STRONGER!!
- Refrigerate til firm!! (Mine took like 5 hours)
- Eat and share!!
Now!! The second treat was sooo fun and soo simple to make!! And all of my own creation. *high-five*
- pineapple juice
- fruit punch
- carbonated drink like sprite (I used that strawberry one)
- half and half
- whipped cream (if you’re a party person)
Excuse the handwriting lololol. This is the map of the cup.
- Fill it up just a little with ice
- Then pour pineapple juice to the top of the ice
- Add fruit punch til it is half way full
- Add the carbonated drink til there is only a little bit of room left
- Top it off with half and half.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles and cute straws if your heart so desires.
Both these treats turned out soo yummy and were so cute! Definitely got me in the v-day mood!! And can I get another high-five for a real fancy blog post?!?! And if my friends are reading this, come eat some of my mints. I’d love to share the love with ya!!!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!
Helllllloooooooooo!!!! HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!
So since I’ve started this whole website thing (like a whole 10 days!!) I’ve really been aware of what I am doing on the daily, and why I do it. And what I have learned is really important to life in general, I learned that you gotta DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
I’ve noticed as I’ve read other people’s blogs, that you can tell if they wanna be writing the post, you can tell if they really want to have the blog. THE PASSION SHOWS!!!!!! It shines through every word!! You can tell that there is happiness behind the stories. Same thing goes for sports, if you watch someone and they’re getting better at what they do, they clearly like it enough to practice and improve!
It’s such a waste of your time to do things you don’t enjoy. There’s that quote about how if you find a line of work you are passionate about and you enjoy, you’ll never work a day in your life. And that’s seriously what everything is about! It’s soo important to find the happiness in life. I have so many friends and people in my life that go on and on about how awful and hard life is and how they are so sad about everything, (sidenote SADNESS IS GOOD, YOU GOTTA FEEL THE FEELS) and there is nothing I can do to keep them happy. But I have other people in my life who have passions and live life to the fullest, and those people are the happiest people I know. They are the best ones to hang out with. Those are the friends that make me pee my pants…. hahahaha
When you do the things you like to do, it brings a kind of happiness that is soo contagious, the passion it takes can inspire everyone around you.
That’s the reason I’m writing this blog. Because it makes me happy. Everytime I sit down to write, my heart skips a beat and my mind starts thinking and my fingers start typing. I love it.
find what makes you happy and do it
thanks so much for reading!!
post #2!!!! YAY!!!
So for today’s post I wanted to write myself a letter to refer back to later! A lot of people do this on their blogs, and I thought it would be a fun one to have at the beginning of my blog! Hahaha but cut me some slack cause I’ve never done this before…
To myself in the year 2022,
How you doing?! I can’t even imagine how different life is!! You’ve graduated, may or may not be home from a mission, and hopefully in college! I seriously hope everything has gone as well as can be hoped! I have 15 questions to go through!!
- What was the overall best high school memory?!
- Have you crashed a car yet????
- Do you feel like an adult?! Cause atm I’m sixteen and don’t feel older than 13….
- Have you decided what you wanna be when you grow up?
- What’s your biggest regret from the last 5 years?
- Who is your best friend and how did you meet them?
- Have you traveled much?!
- Do you still write on the blog?
- Do you have friends that make you pee your pants laughing? You need those :’)
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- What is the best choice you made?
- Are you in school? Or working? Or something else?!
- What is the most important thing in your life?
- How do you relax? Still that cute lil camera?!
- ARE YOU HAPPY?
Some words of advice from your past self! Everything is gonna work out. It always has and it always will. Friends come and go, but the fam is there for the long haul. Don’t let anyone run your life, you never did, you never should, but you shouldn’t tune out good advice. Make sure you are choosing good things, and laughing about everything.
– karly 2/6/2017
Also a side note!! I found an AWESOME site where you can write yourself a note and set it up to email you on a certain day in the future. I’m for sure going to try to use it, cause as I was writing this I was getting excited to read it later!! So here is the link: https://www.futureme.org/
Thank you for reading!! And I’ll talk to you guys next week!!